If you have read one or more articles about cosmetology or aesthetics training, you already know that the fastest way to building a lucrative career in aesthetics is through education. There is no better way to improve your skills as an aesthetician and to increase your income than through education and training.
DSI offers an aesthetics training curriculum suitable for both industry beginners and experienced industry professionals alike. With state licensing curriculum and post graduate programs available, DSI offers the complete 600 hour training program concentrating on clinical aesthetics (note: you need 600 hours to earn your license and start practicing).
With advanced courses aimed at professional development, students at DSI Academy can choose the educational program that best suits them and their career goals.
In terms of availability, certain courses are ONLY delivered on an as need basis. If you do not see an upcoming date for a course in which you are interested, please submit an inquiry form (or call us at 877-288-1813). We will then contact you shortly with information on the next available course date. All advanced and post graduate classes are for licensed practitioners.
Courses for Beginners
Beginners will be taught both fundamentals and cutting-edge techniques in the same course, ensuring they start their careers with the most current skills but have a strong background of tried and true techniques.
Courses for Experienced Professionals
Experienced professionals can take courses in order to continue their education, while adding new services and procedures to their resume. This will cause them to stand out as applicants for new positions or to become even more indispensable assets to their current employers.
- Expose you to real-life, hands-on treatment situations
- Give you personal attention from private tutors who are industry experts
- Offer you certification from a program with a worldwide reputation, giving you the competitive edge
- Help you attain the professional virtues of self-discipline
- Give your opportunities for further social development
- Offer you industry networking opportunities
DSI offers three programs of study towards Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland State licensing requirements:
- 600 Hour Aesthetics Certification Course
- 600 Hour Master Aesthetics Certification Training Course
- 400 Hour Master Instructor Certification Training Course
Skin Care Procedures
- Perform a detailed skin evaluation, by use of magnifying lamps and specialized equipment to evaluate your client’s skin condition and appearance
- Provide facial massages
- Apply chemical peels in order to reduce fine lines and age spots
- Perform professional skin care facials and extractions
- Demonstrate how to clean and care for skin properly, and recommend skin-care regimens
- Determine which skin care products will improve clients’ skin quality and appearance
- Remove body and facial hair by applying wax
- Training to use specialized products and perform techniques such as chemical peels and treatment masks
- Education in the use various hair, cosmetic, or nail care instruments
- Advise clients about colors and types of makeup, and instruct them in makeup application techniques
- Select and apply cosmetic products
- Recommend and sell recommended cosmetics to clients
- Tint eyelashes and eyebrows
- Collaborate with plastic surgeons and dermatologists in order to provide patients with preoperative and postoperative skin care
- Refer clients to medical personnel for treatment of serious skin problems
- Proper training in how to sterilize equipment, and clean work areas
Business Skills and Responsibilities
- Keep records of client needs and preferences, and the services provided
- Develop effective and valuable customer service techniques
- Conduct business transactions and collect payments from the client
- Evaluate product inventory stock to ensure adequate supplies
- Maintain appointment calendar and client contact records
- Schedule appointments
- Order and purchase needed supplies, materials, or equipment
- Sell merchandise carried in the salon, spa or clinic