Ever thought of becoming an expert in one or more of the following areas of specialization within the field of aesthetics?
- Dermal science
- Makeup artistry
- Skin rejuvenation
- Laser hair removal
- General skin care
The field of aesthetics is booming. As the industry grows, the need for highly-trained esthetics professionals in is at an all-time high. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of aestheticians will grow a whopping 34 percent between 2006 and 2016.
A graduate of DSI will possess expertise in the following to take with them into the workforce:
Skin Care Procedures
While procedure expertise will vary between Master and Standard Aesthetician, program graduates will be able to perform a detailed skin evaluation, by use of magnifying lamps and specialized equipment. Master graduates will be able to perform chemical peels, facials, extractions and other procedures.
Both Master and Standard Aestheticians will be able to provide full cosmetic consultation and application.
Graduates of the Master Aesthetician program will be able to collaborate with plastic surgeons and dermatologist, identify serious skin issues and provide referrals, and assist in the performance of many skin procedures.
Business Skills and Responsibilities
Graduates of DSI will possess basic administrative skills, and advanced skills such as record keeping, payment collection, customer service technique development, and merchandise sales training.
Career Opportunities for Aesthetics Practitioners
- Skin care specialist in a salon, skin care center, day/destination spa, medical setting
- Aesthetics director
- Spa manager or director
- Spa or salon owner
- Skin care educator and expert speaker
- Business consultant for skin care centers
- Product analyst for manufacture
- Manufacturer’s representative
- Makeup specialist in a salon, spa, skin care center
- Makeup artist for commercial photography, film, video, television, or runway
- SPA practitioners on board Cruise ships